Monday, October 25, 2010

The Beginning

Elizabeth Christine Lackey: Born April 1, 1930, in the hills of West Virginia in the city of Marfrance, Greenbrier County. Born to Cora Mae Ford and John Lackey. My daddy was in prison when I was born (not jail, prison). He was put away for running moonshine and served time in the Alanta, Georgia prison. When he came home, I was two. It will always be stamped into my memory. I didn't know him, he was a stranger. I was maybe three when he took me on his lap and asked me if I was his girl. He asked this over and over. I just smiled up at him. Mommy had told me that this big stranger was daddy. I knew what that word was...daddy...someone who would love me and take care of me...someone for me to love. Yet, I just smiled up at him. I was to shy to talk to him, yet. He hadn't been around very long. That wasn't enough for him, no way. When I didn't say yes, that I was his girl, he spanked me hard. I remember this spanking because I didn't have on any panties. There was a black girl (Her last name was Wells. I don't remember her first name.) standing in the doorway and she saw my naked bottom. She had been visiting with Molly since they were good friends This was my introduction to men. If you don't do what they ask, just the way they want it done, you get hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment